Knockout Competition Rules - Wilf Toy Trophy & AECI Plate
- A draw for the first round shall be made, and this will be a qualifying round for the top 32 teams to go through to the Wilf Toy Knockout.
- The top 16 team eliminated from round 1 and 2 will qualify for the plate competition, which will be run on the same lines as (1.) above.
- Handicaps, as ruling and allocated by the handicapper shall apply to the Knockout and Plate Competitions.
- The competition shall be ‘individual medal stableford” (two players scores to count for the team score).
- In the event of scores being tied after 18 holes, the following count-out system will apply:
a) Lowest combined handicap.
b) Highest score on the front 9 holes.
c) Highest score on the back 9 holes.
d) Highest score on the front 9 even holes and back 9 odd holes.
Note: In the event of the scores being tied after the final, then a replay will take place during the last league game. If the replay scores are tied then the above count-out rules will apply.
- The ‘WILF TOY TROPHY’ shall be awarded to the knockout winners. The ‘AECI PLATE’ shall be awarded to the Plate winners.
- Both these trophies shall be held by the winning teams until the game prior to the final of the competitions the following season, but will remain the sole and entire property of the INDUSTRIAL & COMMERCIAL GOLF LEAGUE.
- There has been a number of changes in the National Handicap system and as a League, we strive to update our systems to be in line with the changes.
- It is the players responsibility to keep up to date with the latest changes in rules implemented by NHA.
- In terms of the new scoring system introduced on 1 October 2019, players are required to record a score of net double bogie for holes not completed. As the game format for all League games are individual medal stableford, it is the responsibility of the player to record the correct score for submission on the NHA system for official handicap purposes.
- Course handicap on the day – all players are issued a course handicap by the League Handicapper before each game. It is the players responsibility to report to the starters table to receive their course handicap 20 minutes before their tee off time. Any player that plays a round without being issued course handicap by the League Handicapper, will play that round off a scratch handicap (course handicap of 0). Please note that this will not affect the players league handicap, only points scored on the day.
- The following course rules will apply to all League games:
- Placing – a standard one club length placing is allowed on all courses we play irrespective of the local club rule in place.
- All bush is to be played as a lateral hazard (red stakes) and the following relief can be taken (rule 17.1b):
- Two club length drop from the point of entry, no nearer to the pin – one penalty stroke
- Play from the original spot – one stroke penalty
- Back on the line keeping the line from the pin through the point of entry as far back as you want – one stroke penalty
- To determine the League winners where scores are tied at the end of the season, the following count out rules will apply for the various categories:
- League winners as well as 2nd and 3rd place:
- If two or more team are tied after 7 games the lowest round from each team is removed and the higher score of the 6 remaining games will then determine the order the team finish the season.
- Bobbie Moore Trophy – Best Individual:
- Lowest average handicap of the players tied for first place after 7 games will be used to determine the winner of the Bobbie Moore trophy at the end of the season.
- Trophies for the Bobbie Moore and League winners shall be held by the winning teams/individual until the game prior to the final of the competitions the following season, but will remain the sole and entire property of the INDUSTRIAL & COMMERCIAL GOLF LEAGUE.
- Prizes won by players for Best Individual, Team Prize and Two clubs not collected from the Captain or Vice-Captain by the next game, is forfeited and will be used for further prizes at future competitions.
- The rules listed above are in addition to any other rules and guidelines specified in our constitution that is available on the ICGL official website.