GAMES & FORMAT
The League consist of individual companies that enter a team of two players for each game. Our season runs from September through to June and is played over 7 games.
All team members scores are calculated on an individual medal stableford basis and are added together then at the end of the season (seven games) the team with the highest score wins the League. There are prizes for the top 3 teams (these will be given at AGM).
Two teams will play against each other and the player with the lowest score within that 4 ball is required to hand in the score cards at the scorer’s table and pay a fine of R20. In case of a draw, both must pay R20.
In the event of scores being tied after 18 holes the following count-out system will apply:
- The lowest combined handicap of each team.
- The highest score on the front 9 holes.
- The highest score on the back 9 holes.
- The highest score on the front 9 even holes and back nine odd holes.
At each league games, we have prizes that is handed out at prize giving for:
- First three teams (two players scores added together)
- Best individual score
- Closest to the pins on short holes
- Two clubs sponsored by companies participating in the League.
- Team attendance prize for the whole team being at prize giving.
At each League game there is a prize for the best individual score. You must have played at least one league game in the last two seasons to qualify and if there is a count out, it is done by applying the count out rules used for all games.
Knock Out Competition
After the first game, the top 32 team advance to the Wilf Toy Knockout Trophy. After the second game, the teams knocked out, as well as teams that did not qualify from round 1, are eligible to qualify for the AECI Plate knockout. Only the top 16 of the eliminated teams will go though to the AECI Plate knockout.
The 8th game is our corporate day. This is a fun game and all players play off their official course handicaps and not the League handicaps. For this day, each team is required to bring prizes/corporate gifts so that everyone gets a prize.
League Prizes & AGM
Our AGM is held in June/July to vote on any amendments proposed for the new season, elect a new committee as well as prize giving.
Prizes are handed out to:
- League Winners including prizes for teams that came 2nd and 3rd.
- The Bobby Moore Trophy for the best individual total score over 7 games during the season.
- Wilf Toy Trophy knockout winners
- AECI Plate Trophy knockout winners